Protect yourself against the costs of a major accident
Engineers Canada-sponsored Major Accident Protection can provide the funds to help take your mind off the immediate costs of an accident – so you and your family can focus on recovery instead of bills.
- Up to $1 million maximum Major Impairment benefit
- $125,000 maximum Accidental Death benefit
- Premium starting as as little as $1.50/month
- Premiums do not go up with age
- No medical tests or questions when you apply
- You’re covered 24/7 anywhere in the world
Two coverage benefits. Major Accident Protection combines Major Impairment accident coverage with Accidental Death coverage – anywhere you are in the world, 24/7.
Guaranteed acceptance. NO medical tests or questions are required when you apply. Your spouse can also apply.
Low premiums never increase. This is one of the most affordable plans you can purchase for personal accident protection – as low as $1.50 a month! Plus, your premiums stay the same even as you get older.
Lump sum benefit amounts. Each unit of coverage provides up to $200,000 of Major Impairment benefits plus $25,000 of Accidental Death insurance. With the maximum 5 units, that goes up to $1 million and $125,000, respectively. The minimum benefit amounts payable are outlined below:
|Covered losses||Amount payable per unit|
|Total and permanent Paralysis or Loss of Use of two limbs||$200,000|
|Total and permanent Loss of Sight or Hearing or Speech||$100,000|
|Loss of one Hand and one Foot||$100,000|
|Loss of one Hand or one Foot and Sight of one Eye||$100,000|
|Loss of Use of both Hands or both Feet||$100,000|
|Loss of Use of one Arm or one Leg||$75,000|
|Loss of Use of one Hand or one Foot||$75,000|
|Total and Permanent Loss of Sight in one eye||$75,000|
|Loss of Thumb and Index Finger of the Same Hand||$50,000|
|Total and Permanent Loss of Hearing in one ear||$50,000|
|Loss of Four Fingers of One Hand||$25,000|
|Loss of All Toes on One Foot||$12,500|
Benefits are not payable if death or impairment results from:
- Suicide or self-inflicted injury
- insurrection or war
- flying, except as a passenger on a commercial flight, or
- active participation in or attempting or provoking a criminal offence
The Major Impairment benefit is not payable if the insured does not survive the accident for at least 30 days. In that event, the Accidental Death benefit will be paid.
Determining your eligibility
Eligibility for application is granted to a Canadian resident under 71 years of age, or up to 75 years of age if already insured under this plan, who is:
- A member of the engineering regulators that license the country’s 300,000 members of the profession (including members in training); also, an engineering student who is registered in an engineering program accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board;
- A member of the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers or Genium360;
- A member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, Geoscientists Nova Scotia or the Ordre des géologues du Québec;
- A member of one of the participating provincial associations of professional technicians and technologists;
- A member of the Manitoba Association of Architects, the Architects’ Association of New Brunswick, the Nova Scotia Association of Architects or the Architects Association of Prince Edward Island;
- A full-time employee of Engineers Canada or one of the engineering regulators that license the country’s 300,000 members of the profession or one of the participating organizations or of Youth Science Canada; or
- A limited licensee or a provincial licensee.
You may apply for Major Accident Protection for your spouse if you are also applying for it or are already insured under this plan.
|1 unit||2 units||3 units||4 units||5 units|
|Major Impairment||Up to $200,000||Up to $400,000||Up to $600,000||Up to $800,000||Up to $1 million|
Ready to apply for Major Accident Protection?
Your Guarantee of Satisfaction
Manulife wants you to know that you can shop for this coverage with complete confidence, because our first concern is to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.
Once you receive your Policy or Certificate of Insurance for your Engineers Canada-sponsored coverage, please examine it carefully. If you are not satisfied, contact us in writing to cancel your coverage. We will refund your premiums paid for any new coverage that you cancel within 30 days of receiving your Certificate or Policy.