Exclusive protection for Atlantic members
OMA Insurance’s bundled program is available in Atlantic Canada in partnership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, Medical Society of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick Medical Society. We offer a one-time enrolment with no medical evidence at time of application if applying within 90 days of receiving the offer.
What’s included in the Atlantic Benefits Program?
Health and Health Plus
- Health coverage for members, their spouses and dependents
- Coverage for eligible drugs, hospitalization, paramedical services, assistive devices and more
- $2 million emergency out of province/country travel coverage
- Upgrade to higher limits and additional benefits with Health Plus
- $50,000 member coverage1
- Tax-free lump sum benefit2
- 25 covered illnesses
- Optional $50,000 of critical illness coverage for your spouse with no medical evidence
- Additional member and spouse coverage to a maximum of $250,000 with medical evidence
Dental and Dental Plus
- Basic and preventative treatment including recall examinations, bitewing X-rays, scaling and polishing, and fluoride treatments
- Denture repair, relining and rebasing, endodontic and periodontal services
- Upgrade to higher limits and additional benefits with Dental Plus
Members residing in Canada, except Quebec residents, are eligible if they are:
- Physicians working at least 15 hours a week
- Retiree members of a medical association/society who are able to perform the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Under the age of 79 for Health/Health Plus and Dental/Dental Plus
- Under the age of 65 for Critical Illness Insurance
Spouses under the age of 65 are eligible to purchase spousal Critical Insurance for $50,000 without submitting medical evidence at the time of application1, provided the spouse is actively at work for at least 15 hours per week or meets the ADLs.
Frequently asked questions
Members who do not accept the offer within the limited-time period, outlined above, may apply for Group Health/Health Plus and Critical Illness plans at any other time. However, they will be required to provide medical evidence.
Ready to apply?
If you're ready to lock in the coverage that works best for you, take the next step and get a quote for the coverage you need, then proceed to the application. It helps to have birth dates and medical history information handy on everyone you would like to cover, like your spouse, children or a co-applicant.Get a quote and apply
Our 30-day satisfaction guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your coverage, simply return your insurance certificate to Manulife within 30 days of receiving it, and any premiums paid for the coverage will be promptly refunded3.
1Diagnosis of a critical illness, such as cancer, heart attack or stroke, must occur after the effective date of coverage and you must complete a survival period (usually 30 days).
2Based on the current tax laws, the cash benefit from a group critical illness insurance plan will not presently be taxed when the premiums are paid for by you and the benefit is payable to you.
3The insured may, within thirty (30) days after receiving this certificate, return it to the address below for cancellation. The policy will be considered never to have come into effect and any premium paid up to the end of the 30-day examination period will be refunded, less any claims paid. Where claims paid exceed premiums, the difference must be repaid to the insurer immediately. This right of cancellation expires thirty (30) days after the policy is received by the insured and does not apply to any reissued, substituted or consolidated policy continuing coverage that commenced under a previously issued policy. The rights of any beneficiary under the policy are subject to this right of cancellation.