Coverage for your health and dental needs.
The costs of health and dental care can be expensive. OMA Insurance has created a health and dental program to meet the needs of our members. Read more about the features and benefits to choose a plan* that works for you.
OMA Health and Dental Insurance coverage includes:
Health and Health Plus
- Coverage for you and your family for health-related services not covered by provincial health insurance — including eligible drugs, hospitalization, paramedical services and more. Enjoy the added convenience of a benefit card for direct drug billing as well as emergency out-of-province/country coverages.1
- Health Plus provides higher limits (meaning lower out-of-pocket expenses) and additional benefits such as vision care.
Dental and Dental Plus
- This coverage provides basic and preventative treatment, including recall examinations, bitewing X-rays, scaling and polishing and fluoride treatments. Also covered are denture repair, relining and rebasing, endodontic and periodontal services.
- Dental Plus provides even more coverage, such as children’s orthodontics and major dental services, major restorations and prosthodontics.
To be eligible for insurance under the group policy, you must be:
- A member in good standing of the Ontario Medical Association, the New Brunswick Medical Society, the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island or the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, who is under the age of 79 on the date of becoming insured under the group policy
- Covered under your provincial or territorial government health insurance plan
- Residing in Canada (excluding Quebec)
Frequently asked questions
Coverage for a spouse or eligible dependent child(ren) is available if the member is also insured.
Permanent, full-time office employees of a member who work a minimum of 20 hours per week, who are under the age of 70 on the date of becoming insured under this policy, are also eligible.
Coverage for a spouse or dependent child(ren) is available; however, the employee must also be insured.
Ready to apply?
If you're ready to lock in the coverage that works best for you, take the next step and get a quote for the coverage you need, then proceed to the application. It helps to have birth dates and medical history information handy on everyone you would like to cover, like your spouse, children or a co-applicant.Get a quote and apply
Our 30-day satisfaction guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your coverage, simply return your insurance policy to Manulife within 30 days of receiving it, and any premiums paid for the coverage will be promptly refunded.2
* Additional expenses maybe covered. Some restrictions apply.
1 Emergency out-of-province (out-of-Canada) medical expenses are covered at 100 per cent up to a $2,000,000 limit per sickness or injury during the first 90 days of travel (30 days for someone age 70 or older), with no restrictions for pre-existing conditions. The usual medical evacuation, trip delay, hotel convalescence, return of automobile and other travel insurance benefits are included.
2 The insured may, within thirty (30) days after receiving this policy, return it to the address below for cancellation. The policy will be considered never to have come into effect and any premium paid up to the end of the 30-day examination period will be refunded, less any claims paid. Where claims paid exceed premiums, the difference must be repaid to the insurer immediately. This right of cancellation expires thirty (30) days after the policy is received by the insured and does not apply to any reissued, substituted or consolidated policy continuing coverage that commenced under a previously issued policy. The rights of any beneficiary under the policy are subject to this right of cancellation.