Continue your protection after your group coverage ends.
Change is inevitable and can be positive, often leading us on interesting new paths in life. However, when a change also involves the loss of your group life insurance coverage, whether through a career change, retirement or job loss, it can quickly compromise your sense of calm and your family’s future financial security.
With FollowMe™ Life, if you apply within 60 days of your group life insurance ending your acceptance is guaranteed. No medical questionnaire or exam is required at the time of application!
Even though you know how essential protection is, when your group life insurance coverage ends it may be difficult for you to find affordable life insurance to replace it, due to your age or health issues. FollowMe™ Life features:
- No medical questions at the time of application: Your acceptance is guaranteed if you apply within 60 days of your work plan ending - as long as you are not ill or injured when you apply! Acceptance is guaranteed upon receipt of first premium payment. The only health-related question you will need to answer is whether or not you are a smoker, which is used to determine your premium.
- Choose a coverage amount from $25,000 to $200,0001, available at affordable rates. You can apply for the same amount of coverage you had at work, or less. And if your spouse was covered through your work plan, they can do the same.
- Guaranteed renewable up to age 80 regardless of any changes in your health. We will never cancel your coverage, as long as you pay your premiums.
- Living Benefit included at no extra cost, giving you a cash advance of up to 50% of your coverage to a maximum of $50,000, if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live. Available once your coverage has been in effect for 2 years.
You are eligible to apply for FollowMe™ Life Insurance if:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 69 inclusive
- You are a Canadian resident who is leaving a group life insurance plan and you apply within 60 days of losing coverage
- Coverage will not be extended to persons who are ill or injured at the time their group life coverage ends.
- Benefits will not be paid where death results from suicide within two years of the effective date of the policy. In such cases, total premiums paid will be returned without any interest adjustment.
- Benefits will not be paid where death results, directly or indirectly, from a pre-existing condition during the 24-month period following the effective date of the policy. In such cases, total premiums paid will be returned without any interest adjustment. ("Pre-existing condition" means any injury, illness or physical condition, whether diagnosed by a physician or not, for which medical treatment was sought, recommended, required or obtained, or for which drugs were prescribed and/or taken within the 24-month period immediately prior to the effective date of coverage.)
- You may name one or more beneficiaries to receive any death benefit payable after your death.
- If there is no surviving beneficiary or if no beneficiary has been named, any death benefit that becomes payable upon your death will be paid to your estate.
- You must name a trustee for any beneficiary(ies) under the age of 18. In Quebec, the designation of the spouse as beneficiary is irrevocable unless otherwise stated.
For more information and to speak to a Licensed Insurance Advisor, call
(Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm ET)
Or email email@example.com
Ready to apply for FollowMe™ Life Insurance?
It's easy and quick to apply for FollowMe Life Insurance. Simply download PDF application below, fill it in and mail it to the address found on the application. We'll contact you when your application is processed.Get a quote and apply
Our 30-day guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your coverage, simply return your insurance policy to Manulife within 30 days of receiving it, and any premiums paid for the coverage will be promptly refunded.2
1 The maximum coverage amount per policy is the lesser of the amount that is lost under the group coverage within the past 60 days, and $200,000.
2 The insured may, within thirty (30) days after receiving this policy, return it to the address below for cancellation. The policy will be considered never to have come into effect and any premium paid up to the end of the 30-day examination period will be refunded, less any claims paid. Where claims paid exceed premiums, the difference must be repaid to the insurer immediately. This right of cancellation expires thirty (30) days after the policy is received by the insured and does not apply to any reissued, substituted or consolidated policy continuing coverage that commenced under a previously issued policy. The rights of any beneficiary under the policy are subject to this right of cancellation.